Sony Digital Video Recording Camcorder PAL – DSR-PD177P DVCAM
High-performance G Lens
- This sophisticated Sony's G Lens lens incorporates Sony's unique optical technology and unparalleled quality control. Moreover, it's been optimised to perfectly complement the camcorder's advanced image sensor and image-processing technology, thus expanding your shooting possibilities.
Major 'G' Lens Features
- The camcorder's 29.5mm wide-angle, 20x optical zoom 'G' Lens offers a field of view that's ideal for many shooting situations, ranging from broad landscape shots to close-up shots where it is difficult to obtain sufficient distance from the subject.
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements reduce the chromatic aberrations caused by differences in light refraction to minimise colour fringing. The advanced 10-group, 15-element lens structure also includes three compound aspheric lenses for images that are crisp and clear, even when shooting at a high zooming ratio.
- Advanced optical lens technology enables Sony's Exmor Sensor system realise sharper images with higher resolution and less noise, even when shooting in very low light.
- The six-blade iris diaphragm is almost circular, which allows operators to incorporate creative background blur into their shots for beautiful visual effects.
- 2.2 kg (4 lb 14 oz) (with Lens hood, Lens cover,large eyecup)
- 2.7 kg (5 lb 15 oz) (with Lens hood, Lens cover,large eyecup, NP-F970 battery)
Dimension (W x H x D):
- 169 x 188 x 401 mm (6 3/4 x 7 1/2 x 15 3/4 inch)
- (including protrusions w/o gripbelt, w/ hood, w/ large eye-cup)
- Power requirements: DC 8.4 V (Battery) / DC 7.2 V (AC adapter)
- Power consumption: Approx. 6.0 W (LCD OFF and LCD viewfinder ON)
- Operating temperature: 0 to +40 oC (+32 to +104 oF)
- Storage temperature: -20 to +60 oC (-4 to +140 oF)
- Battery operating time: Approx. 475 min. (LCD OFF and LCD viewfinder ON) with NP-F970 battery
- Recording format: Video: DVCAM/DV (SP) PAL
- Audio: Linear PCM (2ch, 16-bit, 48-kHz / 2ch, 12-bit, 32-kHz)
- Recording frame rate: DVCAM/DV: 576/50i
- Recording/Playback time: DV (SP): Approx. 63 min. with PHDVM-63DM DigitalMaster tape
- DVCAM: Approx. 41min. with PHDVM-63DM DigitalMaster tape
- Zoom ratio: Sony G Lens, 20x (optical), 1.5x Digital Extender
- Focal length: f = 4.1 to 82.0 mm (equivalent to f = 29.5 to 590 mm at 16:9 mode
- f = 36.1 to 722 mm at 4:3 mode on 35 mm lens)
- Iris: F1.6 to F3.4
- Focus: AF/MF selectable, 800 mm to infinity (MACRO OFF), 10 mm to infinity (MACRO ON, Wide), 800 mm to infinity (MACRO ON, Tele)
- Image stabilizer: ON/OFF selectable, shift lens
- Filter diameter: 72 mm
- Imaging device: 3-chip 1/3-inch type Exmor CMOS with ClearVid pixel array
- Effective picture elements Approx.: 1,037,000 pixels with ClearVid array
- Built-in optical filters: Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64
- Minimum illumination: 1.5 lx (auto gain, auto iris, 1/25 shutter)
- Shutter speed: Auto, Manual 50i/25p: 1/3 - 1/10000 sec.
- Slow Shutter (SLS): 1/3, 1/6, 1/12, 1/25 sec.
- Slow & Quick Motion function: 200 fields/s (fixed) as improved Smooth Slow Rec
- White balance: Auto, one-push auto (A/B positions), indoor (3200 K), outdoor (5800K)
- Gain: AGC, -6, -3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21 dB
- Audio input: XLR 3-pin (female) (x 2), line/mic/mic +48 V selectable
- Composite output: RCA Type (x 1) via A/V multi connector
- S-Video output: Mini-Din 4-pin (x 1) via A/V multi connector (optional VMC-15FS is required.)
- Audio output: RCA type (CH-1,CH-2) via A/V multi connector
- i.LINK: IEEE1394, 4-pin (x 1), DV stream input/output, S400
- Headphone output: Stereo mini jack (d3.5 mm) (x 1)
- DC input: Power code (DK-215)
- Remote: LANC (Stereo mini-mini jack (d2.5 mm) (x 1))
- Viewfinder: 0.45 inch-type approx. 1,226,880 dots (852 x 3[RGB] x 480), 16:9 aspect ratio
- Built-in LCD monitor: 3.2 inch-type, XtraFine LCD, approx. 921,600 dots, hybrid type, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Built-in Microphone: Stereo microphone
- Media Type: miniDV tape (x 1)